DRT Aerospace is a leader in machining aerospace, defense, and space components. Across DRT, our teammates contribute in the R&D and production of jet engine components, missile systems, land base turbines, and the rapid growth of the space program. At DRT, our precision parts and assemblies are positioned in virtually every commercial and military aircraft.
We are on a mission to create a technical team capable of developing industry leading innovation, precision, and productivity. Supported by outstanding metrology, equipment, and facilities, our teams collaboratively provide unmatched services to the world’s leading OEMs and Tier I suppliers.
Join us on our lean journey, our Industry 4.0 journey, and our journey to win.
We are currently seeking candidates for our Winsted Location:
Manufacturing Technology Mgr/ Engineer
Position Focus: Manages and directs the organization toward its primary commercial commitments and technological objectives, based on long-term product and profitability goals, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
- Establishes current and long-range objectives, plans, and policies, subject to approval by the Plant Manager
- Conceptual product layouts and product design in NX/Unigraphics
- Provides input to the technical vision and plans for implementation of new technical projects or product lines
- Provides advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies
- Leads product development, sales, and marketing to discern competitiveness of new technologies
- Analyzes new technologies and runs analyses
- Review operating results of the organization compares them to established objectives and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results
- Creates technical budgets, allocates resources, and determines the schedule of product releases or project deadlines
- Creates and maintains engineering specifications for commercial and development activities
- Maintains the electronic files with engineering specifications and maintains an effective system of communications both internal and external
- Represents organization with major customers and with significant suppliers
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Engineering Department
- Manages Team including Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; maintaining co-op relationships with local colleges/universities; addressing and resolving complaints
- Management of Programming, Manufacturing Engineers, shop floor deviation dispositions and rework procedure
- Support of Continuous Improvement activities
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering; four or more years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be proficient in 3d modeling, integrated CAD/CAM experience preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Proficiency with Pratt & Whitney America and Canada Blueprints, Specifications, ESA processes, etc. A PLUS
DRT is a dynamic and growing organization that offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits including MEDICAL COVERAGE FROM DAY ONE! In addition to dental insurance, disability and (voluntary) life insurances, we offer a 401k with company match.
DRT is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance