Using Mechanical Engineering background, design,identify and develop new products, product lines leading to new business opportunities. Facilitate incorporating new designs into the Industrial product line. Work with other members of the sales team to coordinate capturing customer voice and complete idea evaluations. Partner with senior level sales contacts for individual customer agencies; may, on occasion work at customer location(s) to enhance or build prototypes. Responsible for creating concept design or using drawings and testing, documenting until new product ideas are in production. This may include both international and domestic projects and assignments.
- Provide mechanical design and development of new products or product enhancement(s) for the entire industrial market especially in the aviation, natural resources, and manufacturing environments
- Prepare thorough and accurate documentation for release to suppliers/manufacturers for internal product design records. Maintain an engineering notebook to document work activity in support of Company’s patent goals
- Test and validate products to assure product performance, quality and standards required
- Identify opportunities for potential next generation products through regular contact with customers to obtain new tool ideas and future needs
- Conduct in field studies of current products, competitive products, and gather intelligence on the future aspects of technology and service trends
- Interface with internal and external groups and vendors to resolve problems and improve manufacturability and serviceability of products
- Work with manufacturing engineering on value engineering initiatives to reduce product costs and/or improve performance designs
- Develop an understanding of the Company’s products and their applications
- Budgetary accountability, proactively seeks and implements cost avoidance/reductions to cost of sales
BA in Mechanical Engineering or Science or combined appropriate Eng education required; plus 3 yrs minimum experience in this field.
Up to date knowledge in mechanical design and implementation. Manufacturing experience, a plus. Steel Alloy, heat treating and welding knowledge a plus.
CATIA, Pro E, SolidWorks or recent CAD experience required. Ability to read electronic schematics and mechanical drawings from various systems including Catia, Pro-E or other CAD prints
Strong technical/Engineering skills and analysis
Outstanding communication skills (written, oral, formal presentations), effective interpersonal and negotiation skills, also required
Strong business acumen
Creativity in solving problems & tenacious for results
Ability to work independently and within a team environment. Ability to work with diverse groups including product managers, marketing, sales teams and customers across many different industries
Proficient in Microsoft office suite of products
Willing to travel approximately +10% including some overnight and possible international travel
Has creative attitudes and approaches to product innovation
Ability to be flexible and adaptable