Location: White River Valley Electric Cooperative, Branson, MO
Job Title: System Engineer
Reports to: Manager of Engineering and Development
Hours: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
The System Engineer is to direct, guide, or assist in the engineering activities of the Cooperative by applying technical knowledge, sound engineering judgment, and skill to ensure that the electrical system meets the highest standards of safety, capacity, and reliability to its members at the lowest possible cost.
- Comply with established White River Valley Electric’s safety and/or operating rules, procedures, and guidelines; and be responsible for co-workers under your guidance.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of field engineering services and dispatch operations.
- Assist in preparing short and long range work plans and other system studies.
- Assist in the preparation and application of rate studies, line extension policies, power requirement studies, right-of-way and joint use practices, and other studies as required or assigned.
- Works closely with the Manager of Engineering and Manager of Operations to set priorities for construction of system improvements.
- Assists in preparing the department’s budget by providing plans and data regarding system improvements, special equipment requirements, and automated system needs for the coming year.
- Review and approve work orders before releasing to construction.
- Perform work order inspections to ensure compliance with NESC and RUS construction specifications.
- Review applications and issue permits for joint use attachments.
- Provide technical support with voltage drop analysis, motor start analysis, fault current analysis, and other technically related areas.
- Evaluation of line outage conditions and recommendations for changes or improvements.
- Recording, reviewing and analyzing of system records and recommendations for system improvements or solutions to system problems.
- Assists in design and layout of underground subdivisions and other large developments.
- Generate material specifications for new or modified units.
- Investigate electrical service issues, including power quality problems and high usage complaints.
- Communicate with members on matters such as emergency generator installations and renewable energy sources.
- Review and process net meter applications.
- Inspect installations of distributed generation systems to ensure compliance with the Cooperative’s specifications.
- Preparing engineering reports computations, cost estimates, specifications or other engineering details.
- Assist the Manager of Engineering to develop strategies and policies for long term growth and daily operational issues.
- Attending seminars, conferences, and and special meetings to improve technical skills and management ability.
- Train engineering personnel on the latest NESC code and design methods in accordance with requirements.
- Represent the cooperative in a positive and professional manner at all public functions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum or equivalent.
- Registration as a Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Missouri is required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years experience with an electrical distribution system, preferably an electric Cooperative system, is required.
- Proficiency with computers and software such as Windows/Microsoft Office, and engineering software such as WindMil and LightTable is required.
- Must have extensive problem solving skills and be able to organize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated level of professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must possess a valid Missouri Driver License.
Note: This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements. Management retains the right to assign or reassign duties and/or responsibilities at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
- electrical distribution system: 8 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
Company's Facebook page: