As a Project Planner you will have opportunities to work on a variety of permit applications including, but not limited to land use applications, environmental impact assessments and other state and federal permit applications for industrial and energy projects. In this position, you will serve as a key team member working with scientists, engineers, project managers, and other project staff. Working with other members of our team, as a planner, you will contribute to multi-disciplinary project teams in all phases of the execution and delivery of siting and licensing projects. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
- Provide land use planning knowledge to help with industrial and energy projects including but not limited to natural gas, renewables, electrical transmission, and other utilities and infrastructure.
- Provide written findings of fact for permit application support
- Have knowledge of the Oregon and Washington land use systems with the ability to research applicable rules
- Provide general land use planning and environmental permitting research for industrial and energy projects
- Develop local land use entitlement applications such as conditional use or special use permits
- Have excellent organization skills and are able to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously, and under deadline pressure
- Are detail-oriented, able to follow instructions and to communicate with staff to understand assignments, provide timely updates or seek clarification as necessary
- Have a strong desire to become a consultant (team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter that takes initiative, adaptable, possessing a service mentality)
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- BA/BS degree in Environmental Studies, Urban, Regional, or Environmental Land Use Planning or a related field
- 5 years’ experience with land planning
- Oregon or Washington land use knowledge gained through work experience
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.