The position provides support for package development, package review, execution and closeout of System Integrity related work packers. This position requires field travel.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Oversee the field delivery of inspection services.
- Support the planning, implementation, data management, and assurance of integrity activities.
- Provide general support and expertise as requested.
- Perform DOT OQ covered tasks required for pipeline inspections.
- Support execution with a rotational schedule during the implementation season as needed
- Adheres to Alyeska’s Pipeline and Chugach Alaska Services policies, procedures, regulations, and code of conduct.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Training & Professional Certificates/Associations):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- B.S. in engineering or equivalent corrosion engineering/corrosion technology field experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience with project engineering and management including design engineering preparation and oversight, field implementation support, development of construction drawings, and project closeout
- NACE and/or API certifications related to pipeline, facility piping, and storage tank inspections
- Experience performing integrity examinations including:
- Internal/external pipe corrosion evaluations,
- Mechanical damage assessment,
- Aboveground storage tanks,
- Coatings assessment
- NDT Methods for integrity direct examinations
- Ability to travel up to 50% and work weekends or varied shifts as required
- A current TWIC credential
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Successfully pass a pre-employment DOT background check, medical and drug screening, and fit test.
- Ability to work independently and perform successfully in a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate and interact successfully with Engineering, System Integrity, Maintenance, and supporting third party contractors.
- Advanced communication skills, both written and orally.
- Strong attention to detail.
- NACE International Cathodic Protection Technician (CP Level 2) or Cathodic Protection Technologist (CP Level 3)
- Impressed current and galvanic cathodic protection system design for offshore and buried pipelines and structures
- Installation support and commissioning of new cathodic protection systems
- API 653 Tank Inspection Certification
- Oversight of the inspection and repair/alteration of large hydrocarbon storage tanks
- API 570 Process Piping Inspection Certification
- Quality analysis and review of corrosion data; including in-line inspection, non-destructive testing, cathodic protection, corrosion inhibitor and biocide injection, corrosion coupons and external visual inspection
- Oversight of non-destructive testing inspection contractors
- Development, technical review, and regulatory support for Integrity Management Plans, operations procedures, and functional check-out procedures
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Valdez, AK 99686 (Required)