The position of Manufacturing Engineer reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The position involves efforts to understand and improve the manufacturing process using LEAN Principles in collaboration with the appropriate Technical and Process Owners. The manufacturing process must strive for safety, simplicity, and reliability to ensure consistent performance over a wide variety of competencies in the workforce.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly understand the LEAN Principles as they apply to the Manufacturing environment and be aware and report the findings to management.
- Understand the Human Factors that exist in our workforce and how it applies to our working environment; AWI/BWI specifications, methods, etc.
- Evaluated the existing manufacturing process by understanding the key elements, inputs and outputs, of the process under study; must reach agreement with Technical Owner.
- Promotes higher understanding of existing manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs and presenting the methods and conclusions to higher management.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- As directed, prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends for presentation to higher management.
- Develops new manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing problems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed all manufacturing process and may involve fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Mechanical or chemical engineering degree.
- 2-5 years of experience in an investment casting production environment.
- Previous manufacturing experience.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) that requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder').
Bescast is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement