Senior Project Engineer – Water & Wastewater Consent Decree
Jackson, MS and/or Meridian, MS 39211/39301
A thriving established consulting firm with a passion for helping communities realize their potential actively seeks Water & Wastewater Senior Project Engineer to join our Mississippi office.
As a trusted partner to our clients, we help secure strategic funding and navigate complex issues to implement projects that transform communities and regions. As a Senior Project Engineer, you will provide quality planning, design and technical assistance to Discipline Manager and other members of design team in delivering projects within budgetary and time constraints.
Senior Project Engineer Qualifications and Experience Needed:
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer in Mississippi is required
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to the practice of engineering and the implementation of public works infrastructure projects is required
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office is required
- Design and Construction experience with wastewater collection and treatment with municipalities is a plus
- Outstanding report writing skills is required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil3D, MicroStation and/or ESRI products is a plus
Senior Project Engineer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs engineering analyses and evaluations in support of the planning and design of civil works projects
- Performs analysis and design of water distribution systems; water supply and treatment components; sanitary sewer systems and components; transmission, treatment, and disposal systems; POTWs and other projects
- Conducts assessment and evaluation of existing system conditions and develops recommended remedial measures
- Maintains and documents written and verbal communications with clients throughout the development and completion of a project
- Conducts project status review with project manager and team members, checking accuracy of work completed, and monitors timeliness of project completion
- Assists other Program/Project Managers with administrative duties concerning completion of assigned projects, including review of schedule, scopes, and budgets
- Prepares professionally written engineering studies and reports
- Provides technical guidance and training to members of the project team
- Prepares project design using sound engineering principles, engineering software and tools
- Prepares contract documents and technical specifications with attention to details per clients request and team member’s input
- Adheres to WEI quality assurance and control procedures and assists other members of the project team in doing so
- Maintains responsibility for adherence to applicable codes
More About Our Firm:
Our firm was founded in 1976 as a civil engineering firm. 45 years later, our firm has expanded throughout the Mid-South and is recognized today for its innovative, multi-disciplinary services that make it much more than a traditional engineering firm.
Our firm proudly supports dozens of civic and charitable organizations. We frequently sponsor events and programs that benefit our communities and clients. Waggoner staff members are individually involved with these and other local organizations and charities and are often recognized for their outreach efforts and community leadership. Our staff members take part in a variety of events to benefit the community, such as food drives and fundraisers.
Our firm’s vision is to aspire to become the first-choice provider of planning, geospatial, engineering and disaster recovery services. We currently have about 105 employees on staff and a hefty pipeline of projects. What our staff says they enjoy they most working here, are the people the work with and the collaboration on various projects. We offer a flexible work arrangement policy, and our projects are challenging and offer great learning experiences.
Compensation commensurate on experience.
How to Apply:
For immediate and entirely confidential employment consideration please email current and detailed resume. You will be contacted promptly by our Wastewater Division Lead for further hiring consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $71,907.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Work Location: Multiple Locations