Tunnel Inspector/Senior Tunnel Inspector
Aldea Engineering Services Ltd. provides expertise in design and construction management of tunnels and underground structures. Headquartered in the Toronto area, Aldea Engineering is seeking an experienced Tunnel Inspector with a tunneling, structural, or geotechnical engineering background to perform tunnel construction inspection in the GTA.
Successful candidate must have applied experience in microtunnel and tunnel projects in inspection/construction roles. Experience working directly for construction contractors is essential.
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering preferred
· 4+ years working on trenchless and tunnel construction projects.
· GTA and North American experience strongly preferred.
· Certified Engineering Technician (CET) or Professional Engineer (PE/PEng) certification preferred
· MS Office proficiency is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform construction management/construction inspection assignments or site visits of on-going microtunneling and tunnel construction work and attend progress meetings.
· Manage tasks with responsibility for technical quality, risk management and client relations during project execution.
· Assist in preparation of design deliverables including drawings, sketches for drafting and technical specifications, calculations and reports.
· Assist with writing of proposals, scopes of work, and develop appropriate fee estimates.
· Manage tasks to comply with established scope of work and fee estimates
· Raise the profile of Aldea Engineering Services Ltd within the tunnel industry by appropriate involvement with associations and published work.
· Field based assignments will include weekday, night, and weekend work as required. Office based assignments will require a standard weekday business hours work schedule.
· Increase Aldea’s visibility with internal and external professionals by participating in regional initiatives, conferences and committees, community and civic associations, and other industry activities.
· Travel required – < 25%
· Full time position – Exempt employee with overtime, as necessary.
Submit Resume with Cover Letter and Salary Requirements
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Temporarily due to COVID-19