Software Engineer - Full Stack
IntelliFarms designs and manufactures embedded IoT products and software that goes into agricultural applications from grain storage and management - to weather data and automation in the fields. Our customers range from Farmers to Processors you’d recognize on the back of a box in the grocery store. We are well past our start up phase and don’t rely on outside capital.
We are on the cutting edge of AgTech - and need your help to stay that way.
A Full Stack Software Engineer will work on the Applications team to build and improve the software that our customers use. The Applications team within IntelliFarms creates the applications that collect and translate data from our Agricultural IoT devices to information that our customers can use and make sense of.
This will range from the ETL operations we perform when we receive data from our hardware devices, to building out the APIs that serve our applications, creating the interfaces that our customers experience, and building internal tools to help maintain our dedication to quality.
What we look for:
- Quick learner - You love to learn and are able to quickly pick up tools and put them to use
- Excellent at communicating your ideas and gathering requirements
- Detail focused - while understanding the importance of getting a product shipped
- A relevant college education and/or equivalent experience
- An interest in learning tools / languages related to our stack (React.js, Graphql, Kubernetes etc)
- BONUS: An understanding of API design and architecture, distributed back-end systems and microservices, or containerization / virtualization
- BONUS: You have worked with AWS or other cloud based providers
- BONUS: A love for BBQ or Sushi
We are not worried about whether your experience is perfectly aligned with our tools and more that you want to learn our stack and bring your experience building solid web applications. We are believers in personal and professional growth, so you can learn in areas you might have less experience and teach where you have more.
- React / Ember.js
- Graphql, Node & PHP microservices
- AWS (IoT, SQS, RDS, etc...)
- Kubernetes / Docker
- Gitlab (CI/CD)
At IntelliFarms you will:
- Solve unique problems that don't exist in other domains
- Be part of a team that cares about who you are and your growth as a software engineer
- Design, build, and maintain software that provides profit to farmers and food to your family
- Receive great benefits (401k match, catered lunches, sushi dinners, beer fridge, dog friendly workplace, gym equipped with Pelotons, and more…)
If you think we might be a match for you, please respond with your resume attached.
Job Type: Full-time
- node.js: 1 year (Preferred)
- react.js: 1 year (Preferred)