RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
We are currently seeking an Quality Engineer to be based in Winona, MN
The Quality Engineer is responsible for investigating and resolving issues with the quality of products that do not meet the RTP Quality Policy and standard set by customers. Additional responsibilities include the evaluation and approval of new alternate standard raw materials.
- Investigate root causes for materials that do not meet internal or customer quality criteria
- Interface with required departments or individuals to implement meaningful preventative and corrective action plans
- Analyze and plot trends of quality issue types and root causes
- Use technical knowledge of RTP’s products to determine disposition of RTP’s internally rejected finished materials
- Conduct testing required to approve new raw materials for use into RTP products
- Coordinate production scale-up evaluations for new material approval
- Execute the extrusion, molding, and testing of compounds as required for quality investigations or materials approvals
- Participate on special project teams as required
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift 50# packages of raw materials.
- A bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field or sufficient combination of related education and work experience is required; Chemical, Mechanical or Composites Engineering degree preferred
- Must be hands-on: willing to work with blending equipment, extruders and injection molding machines
- Ability and willingness to work under tight deadlines
- Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Dependable, excellent attendance, strong work ethic and ability to work well with others
- Safety awareness
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
We offer a highly competitive benefits package and a competitive pay based on experience.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer'
Keywords: Quality Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Composite Engineer, Engineering, Polymer Chemist, Chemist, Entry Level
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location