The Professional Engineer will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and will be responsible for overseeing the installation of large-scale equipment and all tasks relating to the successful completion of these projects.
Job Title: Professional Engineer
FLSA Job Classification: Exempt
EEO Code: 02 - Professionals
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
- Includes basic engineering drafting, directing drafters and designers in creation of detail, assembly and/or arrangement drawings, as well as checking of drawings for accuracy
- Perform engineering duties including, customer site field measurements, for the supply of industrial equipment from design concept to detailed design. Develop conceptual layouts drawings and professionally conduct customer presentations. Expand conceptual drawings by drafting to detailed design construction layouts and “As Built” final drawings.
- Perform mechanical equipment sizing calculations based on reference information and assist in preparation of equipment technical specifications and requisitions for procurement and fabrication
- Support proposal engineering in creation of concepts, designs, layouts and pricing
- Calculation of weights, forces, reactions, stress analysis, system inertia, power requirements, bearing loading and life, and time studies as required
- Coordinate and monitor with project management during manufacturing including shop progress, QA and final equipment inspections
- Assist in equipment installation, site inspections, troubleshooting, commissioning, and support of sales team in pre-project effort as necessary
- Lead a team of 2-3 direct reports in all facets of design, layout, and project management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required; Master’s degree preferred
- State Professional Engineering license preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ related work experience as an Engineer, preferably in Steel Mill applications
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or other engineering 3D design programs
- Experience with bulk material handling/heavy machinery/mining/steel industry equipment a plus
- Experience with process control systems including; PLC & electrical systems, Navigating and interpretation of Ladder Logic & electrical schematics, MMI & computer interfacing.
- Experience with industrial piping design including; (P&ID) drawings and routing layouts.
LOCATION: US Midwest Region. Travel as required (estimated 30%)
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Life insurance
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Work from home opportunities
- Bonus scheme
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Autocad or 3D design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)