Job Impulse, Inc. is an international recruitment company that focuses on upgrading the career opportunities of our candidates. We strive to create a professional partnership between our clients and contractors looking for their next career move. We have over 9,000 employees working in locations across twelve countries in fields ranging from industrial to office, marketing to engineering, technology, aerospace, medical, and more.
Job Impulse, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Quality Engineer in Troy, MI. Our client is a Tier 1 Automotive Supplier.
Responsibilities of a Quality Engineer include:
Responsible for the quality of parts from the assembly area. This includes oversight of revision personnel, containment of discrepant material, tracking of quarantined material, failure analysis of internal and customer complaints and Quality metric tracking. Performs a variety of engineering / quality studies and analysis to implement plans and direct activities concerned with enhancing the level of quality of the product.
Main Tasks Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and assesses cost and responsibility.
- Provide sort procedures, gages, instructions, and training for internal and external sorters.
- Verifies parts with Comparator, Scope, Calipers, Mics, Test Stations, Plug Gages, Indicators, etc per prints/processes.
- Develop and maintain programs for the Werth inspection machine and Syncos process monitoring
- Monitors SPC and initiates action plans when necessary.
- Creates and maintains inspection procedures from prints and product catalogs for production/assembly shop.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Participation in corrective and preventative actions where appropriate.
Documentation and Information
- Assure the proper documentation according to internal procedures and standards as well as customer specifications and legal requirements.
- Designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Provide and assist production personnel with written procedures for rework/ repair of all outgoing products and materials.
- Supports company continuous improvement activities.
- Participation with internal and external audits.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data, concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Apply and improve current processes
- Shares and transfers knowledge within the organization
- Participates in training programs agreed and recorded in the training plan
Specific customer requirements for our products
Documentation, Implementation & Control
Norms, regulations & Implementation (support Auditor)
Problem solving coordination
Leading teams in problem solving tools
Problem solving tools
5 Why’s, 8D, Shainin
Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint
REQUIRED Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree (4 years) in mechanical Engineering or Quality (BSME, BSEE)
- 3 years related experience (medium – high volume products)
- Automotive Sector – OEM’s – Tier 1 - 2 (Quality experience prefer)
**For immediate consideration, our Technical Specialist can be called at 864-509-6920 ext. 108 or texted at 864-565-7530.
Conducting (drug screening and/or background check) report inquiries may be necessary for employment purposes.
Job Impulse, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Please be sure to carefully read through all requirements for the Quality Engineer as only serious applicants will be contacted. Unfortunately, not all candidates can be contacted who respond to this job, however we will reach out to you directly if your experience is determined match to the desired requirements. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Work Location: One location