VEi Global is an expanding, aggressive, detail oriented industrial consulting engineering firm offering multi-discipline engineering, procurement and construction coordination services. VEi is involved in all aspects of new or existing construction projects for its industrial process facility clients in industries such as Sugar, Petroleum, Chemical, Power & Food. VEi prides itself in client success by providing detailed construction packages and procurement services done efficiently with highly trained and skilled personnel. Excellent benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, and matching Simple IRA plans. Salary is commensurate with experience.
VEi is seeking a Structural Engineer. The candidate must have a minimum of a BS in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited 4-year program. Candidates that have passed the EI exam are preferred. Candidate must possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills. Position requires interaction with clients to provide engineering services in completing a new, upgrade or expansion project to a client’s industrial process facility. We are seeking someone who is looking to grow with the company and accept expanding responsibilities. VEi is seeking candidates with 2 to 5 years of experience.
- The candidate must be able to develop construction packages of specifications and drawings for new and existing buildings, structures, and equipment support systems within an industrial environment. Candidate will work under the supervision of a registered engineer.
- Prepare design calculations for projects in accordance with Buildings Codes and OSHA Guidelines;
- Structural analysis of projects using a variety of structural engineering software;
- Perform design and detailing of building structural systems utilizing steel, masonry, and reinforced concrete;
- Visit sites to assist in documenting and evaluating existing structures for potential expansion;
- Meet with clients and other consultants to coordinate the structural design work for projects
- Prepare scopes of work, budgets, framing plans, details, and specifications for construction packages;
- Perform Construction Administration – Shop drawing review, quality control, and engineering assistance.
VEi Global Engineering Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Masks are available as well as hand sanitizer and surfaces are cleaned regularly.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Myers, FL 33966: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Structural Engineering: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location