Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs the routine aspects of gas distribution engineering assignments.
- Performs distribution facilities design according to relevant codes and standards using a design software package.
- Understands all safety codes that pertain to gas distribution systems.
- Prepares plans, specifications, and construction estimates for gas distribution projects.
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients, and engineers and recommends necessary changes.
- Researches design options and documents the findings.
- Attends design review meetings and interacts with clients, property owners, local government officials, contractors and other utilities.
- Makes periodic visits to construction sites as required.
- Coordinates and works with material manufacturers and construction contracts.
- Two year degree in engineering technology or related work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Civil or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 2 years of experience in gas distribution design or related experience with strong technical skills and attention to details.
- Experience with electrical distribution design is also desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate the work of various engineering disciplines and contractors to complete an integrated project.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels within the organization in a team environment.
- Microsoft Office and Autocad experience with familiarity with such applications as spreadsheets, databases, and engineering programs.
Compensation and Benefits
- Work hours are 40 hours per week with overtime as required to meet schedules.
- Pay is commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include health, dental,vision, disability and life insurance, HSA, paid time off (PTO) and holidays,401K plan with profit sharing, and cell phone reimbursement.
- Position is available in Ames,Iowa.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off