We are seeking qualified candidates for the Assistant Engineer position in Alaska. We are looking for candidates that have salvage, towing, emergency response and operational experience along US Coastal Waters, in and around Alaska on tug/anchor handling vessels with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Assistant Engineer.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of EMD, Detroit Diesel, Caterpillar and Scania Engines, John Deere Generators, Towing winches, Towing Gears, and Hydraulics
- Have stood independent engine room watches on ocean-going vessels
- Show the ability to develop and execute innovative solutions to engineering problems
- Be reliable and able to see a task through to completion, demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills
- Have strong attention to detail and be performance and results driven
- Ability to handle increasing levels of responsibility
To be successful in this position the candidate will:
- Be a team player with a positive attitude who takes pride in their work
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and communicate well with coworkers, supervisors, and subordinates
- Be open and willing to learn under the Chief Engineer
- Follow all safety protocols and adhere to regulations and company policies.
The Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen with a TWIC, current passport (for foreign voyages), holding a current and appropriate USCG License for the Assistant Engineer position. All Prospective Employees Must Submit to A Drug Test and Background Check.
Drug Free Workplace:
Resolve is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Chief Engineer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off