Education and/or Experience:
A college degree in Engineering or a scientific field. Special courses related to the products furnished by this company. Ten years experience in structural or product engineering, machinery fabrication and structural fabrication. Negotiations with outside consultants and manufacturers, experience in customer relationship, knowledge of shop practices, experienced in field installations procedures and problems.
Language Skills: N/A
Mathematical Skills: Above average.
Reasoning Ability: Above average.
The Engineering Manager is capable of handling the Engineering requirements for a production order or project with a minimum of guidance from the VP of Engineering and supervises Project Engineers, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, and/or other subordinates assigned to the order or project. He/She must possess a thorough understanding of the company's products and their application areas. He/She is expected to be capable of analyzing field problems and initiating corrective action.
Work with Service Engineers as needed. Assist or train less experienced personnel. Upon assignment, may be requested to assist in Sales Calls or other Engineering Department tasks.
VP of Engineering & Manufacturing.
Perform all phases of Primary and Secondary Functions. Meet schedules and costs established for the order or project, select design approach, make component selection, supervision of others assigned to work on order or project, prepare instruction books, coordinate with Materials, Manufacturing, and Sales.
ACCURACY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Accountability of activities where errors in judgment, decisions, and recommendations would be serious, difficult to detect and continuing, and would adversely affect outside relationships or internal operations.
ACCESS TO CONFIDENTIAL DATA
Confidential information pertaining to Customers, Company plans, designs, development programs, etc.
Decisions are required, must analyze facts and determine action using a wide range of procedures but within limits of standard practice.
Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment at times where it may be hot, cold, loud, and dirty.
- Supervising a team of Engineers and Designers, helping them to achieve a high level of performance
- Analyzing new and existing products in the areas of design, function, manufacturing, styling, and other factors to provide design simplification, standardization, reliability, parts interchangeability, cost reduction, etc.
- Ensure projects meet budget and delivery expectations.
- Maintain Engineering and Drafting standards, policies and procedures, calculations, ERP data entry, etc.
- Addresses product issues and concerns, both internally and externally; evaluates warranty claims for product improvements.
- BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years management experience in an ETO engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with engineering and operations practices and procedures.
- Skills in products design, machine design and tolerancing.
- Strong leadership, team-building and supervisory skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering Management: 10 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement