Licensed Professional Engineer – Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial Engineer
An-Cor Industrial Plastics specializes in the design, engineering, manufacturing, installation and maintenance of custom Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) equipment.
We are looking for candidates who are highly-dependable with a strong work ethic, enjoy a collaborative manufacturing work environment and are eager to learn from others, strongly values relationships and interaction with people, can maintain a balanced perspective about change and adapt when necessary, is an analytical thinker with above-average problem-solving skills, and has exceptional attention to detail and accuracy. You must be a Licensed Professional Engineer.
· Stress / Strain design calculations based on code requirements
· Develop special design methods when standard published methods not available
· Review job specifications and purchase order requirements.
· Develop detailed product fabrication drawings, code testing procedures, and administration of code testing.
· Customer contact during the Design, Fabrication, and Testing Phases of a project
· Complete and file final job record documents
Professional Engineering Work:
· Review and Stamp Laboratory Test Procedures
· Develop and Stamp fabrication design packages
· Perform detailed fabrication drawings for client review
· Facilitate and work with production on new products and processes
· Capital equipment design
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD software (latest version)
- Proficient in Caesar pipe stress analysis -or- equivalent
- Adept in Microsoft Office Applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, and Explorer.
- Adept in video conferencing technology and software such as Teams, Zoom, or equivalent
- Excellent geometry and blue print reading skills
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of commercial/industrial building systems and construction techniques
- Previous experience doing field verifications and P&ID walk-downs required.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical documents and diagrams, including work instructions, manuals, and specifications.
- Position requires extensive knowledge of mechanical design principles and practices.
- ASME, ASTM, ASCE-7 code experience required
- Ability to meet deadlines and problem solve with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in the office with minimal supervision
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail, meticulous, and focused on quality
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Ability to maintain a clean and neat workspace.
- Must speak, write and type fluent English.
- Finite element analysis experience a plus ·
- Experience in the composite industry a plus
- Pressure vessel design experience a plus
- Bachelors of Science or Technology in Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering (Required)
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) Required
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location