Civil Project Engineer
Are you tired of the same old projects?? Time to join a very progressive, Civil Engineering / Land Planning / Water Resources / Transportation Engineering firm. For over 45 years, the firm has been providing infrastructure planning, site engineering, construction, consulting, urban planning, and program management services to public and private clients. With 20+ nationwide offices, the firm is growing rapidly and we are currently seeking an experience Civil Engineer with at least 4+ years in the industry.
**NOTE: We have 2 positions, one for a Mid Level Civil Project Engineer, and one for a Sr. Civil Project Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- Designs and develops plans and drawings, primarily for mixed use, commercial or industrial land / site development projects, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings of roadways, sanitary sewer lines, storm drains, storm water retention/detention facilities, waterlines, utility design and mass grading and drainage design
- Organizes and conducts engineering investigations and planning work which have a well-defined scope. Outlines and prepares relatively straightforward reports of sections of more complex reports, working under the periodic review of a more experienced professional.
- Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and regulatory agency specifications.
- Contributes to the development of specifications and permit applications, and writes miscellaneous reports.
- Perform Civil Design work with Civil 3D and other design related software as needed (StormCADD, or WaterCADD)
- Responsible for setting up the project and completing the preliminary design or CAD work
Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 4 to 7 years of experience with land / site development projects or public works / infrastructure projects
- Extensive knowledge of county and government regulations is preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred but not required
Great firm to work for! Benefits are among the best in the industry. Full medical, dental, vision, 401k, savings plan, PTO and best of all, this is a progressive, technologically driven and fast moving firm. New thoughts and ideas for company business success is encouraged!
***PLUS every other Friday off!!
KEYWORDS: civil engineering, site development, land development, grading, drainage, storwmwater, SWPPP, paving, striping, traffic control, transportation, signal, signage, railway, highway design, roadway, water, wastewater, hydrology, hydraulics, Autocad, Civil 3D, Microstation, surveying, topos, geotechnical, geotech, GIS, structural, ASCE, EIT
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $79,000.00 to $101,500.00 /year