Westfield is the largest grain auger manufacturer in the world. Established in 1950, Westfield produces an extensive line of grain augers and bin unloading equipment. As part of our success, we need the most talented employees in the world. We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
We are seeking a highly motivated Engineer who is looking for a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding career. The position will be responsible for leading improvements to our manufacturing processes in our 200,000 ft2 vertically integrated facility that includes lasers, brakes, CNC machines, manual and robotic welding, powder coat painting, assembly, and shipping departments. Every day will offer something new. Plus, there is no rush hour traffic or paying for parking, as our office is located in Rosenort, a quiet rural community only 25 minutes south of the city.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with management to identify new process improvement opportunities in the areas of safety, quality, cost, performance, and preventive maintenance.
- Evaluate and analyze current process metrics and performance to identify areas requiring improvements.
- Identify opportunities to reduce process variation, improve process capabilities and optimize process performance.
- Develop process improvement initiatives to increase operational efficiency and productivity.
- Facilitate the deployment of new and changed processes to provide improved results.
- Develop standard procedures and policies to be followed by shop floor employees.
- Train and guide employees as needed.
- Assist management in developing business cases for capital projects.
- Prepare project presentations for management when needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (mechanical and manufacturing preferred)
- Related work experience
- Proven ability to lead and train
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication, including creating and delivering presentations
- Experience in computer-assisted drafting (preferably SolidWorks)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care