This position is located 30 miles southwest of Farmington, New Mexico on the Navajo Indian Reservation. The mine produces approximately 5.1 million tons of coal per year and is the sole supplier of coal to the Four Corners Power Plant.
Job Title: Warehouse Parts Person II
Provide effective support for operations and maintenance through activities consisting of ordering, receiving, stocking, and disbursing parts and supplies. Display good working knowledge of how actions by warehouse affect other business units such as Accounting, Purchasing, and Accounts Payable.
- Receive and disburse parts/supplies, while effectively utilizing a computer to record all transactions.
- Successfully operate forklift, and other equipment, to load, unload, and shelve parts and supplies while maintaining safe work practices.
- Interface and assist the purchasing department to order parts and track undelivered orders.
- Order parts, expedite ordered items, make freight arrangements, and inspect and verify materials and parts received.
- Perform physical cyclic inventory counts.
- Interact with vendors on a daily basis.
- Maintain SDS sheets and hazardous materials.
- Run reports as needed, maintain records, scan documents and store correctly.
- Job duties must be performed in accordance with MSHA laws and regulations, established company safety procedures, and State and Federal environmental regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING: lations.
- Two-year associate degree in Business or Asset Management, prefer four-year degree in same areas.
- Must be self-directed, able to act independently, make sound decisions, customer service oriented, and have a demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- Good written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proficient with computer-based inventory control programs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Good understanding of inventory controls and distribution processes along with an ability to read and understand complex parts manuals.
- Possess a good working knowledge of mining equipment and parts, (operate a forklift experience, preferable).
Bisti Fuels Company offers excellent benefits to include competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid time off. Hourly rate for this position is $33.89/hour.
For immediate consideration, apply online by going to www.nacoal.com. Candidates can also apply in person on Monday and Thursday from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm at the Navajo Mine located at 300 Road 4101, Fruitland, NM. Please provide proof of Navajo Nation membership (if applicable).
Closing date to apply is April 23, 2021.
You must meet the specific minimum requirements listed above to be considered a qualified applicant.
This position is a represented position in the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 953 and is subject to the preference requirements in the Navajo Preference in Employment Act, 15 N.N.C. § 601 et seq.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $33.88 - $33.89 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Forklift experience
- Computer literacy
- Customer service
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place