Siemens Smart Infrastructure has an opening for an Associate Project Manager located out of our Canton, MA office, covering the South Boston, Central, MA and Providence, RI areas. The Associate Project Manager will be responsible for participating in Building Automation pre-bid cost reviews and all turnover meetings throughout the lifecycle of the project. Revenue responsibility ranges between $1M-$2M dollars per year. The quantities of projects managed concurrently vary. In addition, the Associate Project Manager develops project plans, monitors project progress, and procures subcontractors while maintaining project budgets for complex projects.
General responsibilities will include:
The leadership of client meetings and development of contracts to finalize sales, and maintains positive relationships with all clients, vendors, subcontractors, and industry contacts.
Completion of concept engineering, as well as creating full and complete project estimates, drafting written proposal responses and contracts
Oversees the engineering job process to include coordination with controls engineering team activities.
Selects and order appropriate materials.
Monitors material usage, cost, and inventory
Mobilizes Subcontractors and Vendors
Develops and updates project implementation plans, coordinating resources to mobilize of our work is timely and cost effective installation and completion of assigned projects or tasks.
When required by the field manager will configure, design and engineer systems in the most cost-effective manner while maintaining quality.
Evaluates cost to complete (CTC) and earned value during each milestone of projects.
Effectively manages cash, cost, and billing.
Consistently produces billings in a timely and accurate manner in a format required by our customers and ensures that Billings are clearly communicated to our customers.
Adhere to specifications, codes, material, installation techniques and safety activities. Responsible for customer approval of detailed job submittals created for the project.
Plans and monitors the commissioning and checkout of systems before release to the owner/operator.
Ensures job documentation is complete.
Properly assigns technical resources for problem resolutions.
Proactively evaluates potential problems on the job and initiates action to limit negative outcomes.
Field survey customer’s systems during or before installation and, for areas of improvement.
Pursues and estimate Change Orders for equitable adjustments to contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred, although candidates with a least a High School Diploma (or GED equivalent) along with directly related experience will also be considered
- Must have experience in a related industry such as HVAC, Building Automation Controls, Commercial Mechanical Systems, Fire/Security, Construction, Elevator
- Strong knowledge of HVAC and Automation Controls preferred
- Excellent contracting skills
- An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects is preferred
- Must have the ability to resolve the scope of work and contractual issues on assigned projects, as well as the ability to price proposes and negotiates change orders
- The capability to accurately forecast project costs by calculating earned value, and accurately assessing monthly Cost To Complete (CTC) on assigned projects is preferred
- The aptitude to understand and interpret contracts drawings and project specifications related to our work
- Must have strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Industry, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.