The Full Stack Developer is an integral part of the PRIVIT Application Development Team, both as an individual contributor and as a team member. The Full Stack Developer has a key responsibility to design, develop and support the PRIVIT technology.
- Designing, developing, and supporting full-stack web and mobile applications of the PRIVIT technology used by over 19,000 organizations with a half million users and growing throughout the US and Canada..
- Working alongside a team of analysts and developers to understanding PRIVIT’s software characteristics and implement technical solutions.
- Develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications that are more complex with full competency.
- Analyzes and validates complex system requirements and existing business processes and information systems.
- Designs, develops and implements new programs and/or modifications of existing applications. Responsible for the more complex designs, prototypes and other methodologies for new and/or existing systems including the development and implementation of test plans and program specifications with various interfaces.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents and implements complex software applications according to standards.
- Defines and develops specifications and programs complex technical modules, applications, prototypes and computer programs.
- Assists in leading all aspects of applications programming and development including file design, update, storage and retrieval.
- Evaluates and provides technical solutions to complex application development problems.
- May coordinate activities of a project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs.
- May act as a technical programming consultant for small-scale projects that include multiple product lines and various interfaces.
- Possible opportunity to work with both Android and IOS mobile development, so any novice experience in either is a plus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In order to qualify you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Three + years of experience in programming and systems analysis.
- Proficiency writing Java code, analyzing and using algorithms, and designing and developing full-stack web applications. (3 years of experience required).
- Proficiency writing SQL queries, understanding complex data models, and designing database models (1-3 years of experience required).
- Familiarity with coding best practices and the software development lifecycle – from initial analysis/design by coding, testing, and deploying, to support, maintenance, and enhancement.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- A strong focus on helping and understanding users and the ability to work with and communicate with administrators with little to no technical background.
- An ability to understand the real-world context behind technical questions and requirements.
- A desire to learn and keep up with new technologies, development trends, and techniques.
Our Tech Stack:
- Spring, Apache POI, Tag Libraries, Servlets, Apache Tiles, Log4j, Junit, MySQL, Hibernate, Quartz.
PRIVIT is the leading provider of student athlete health information technology. Student athlete health information is a critical, yet under-addressed component in school sports. The PRIVIT solution allows schools, staff and athletes/parents to be more responsible in their approach to student athlete safety. PRIVIT technology allows easy and safe mobile collection, storage and utilization of all relevant health information, so that the student athlete can be safe.
As a PRIVIT employee, you will become a member of a small, aggressive, hard-working team that fights hard – as a team – to achieve short term success.
Job Type: Full-time
- java: 3 years (Preferred)