Weston is seeking Civil Engineers with remediation experience to design and execute projects to protect human health and the environment within a defined scope, budget, and time schedule established by the engineer. Responsible for performing engineering work, and the direction, control and supervision of engineering and/or surveying work to assure that the work product has been critically examined and evaluated for compliance with appropriate professional standards. Support management staff in identifying necessary engineering design, construction, technical research, as well as plans, specifications, and report preparation necessary to achieve remedial goals. The engineer is expected to have the ambition to develop into a technical leader for remedial projects and work within the learning and growth oriented culture that defines Weston.
Locations: (Edison, NJ)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 8+ years related experience in the design, construction and operation of civil engineering projects including civil site work, capping, storm water management, paving and permit preparation
- Experience with environmental remediation systems including soil, groundwater, and wetlands is a plus
- Professional Engineer licensure in NJ or ability to get NJ PE within 6 months
- Knowledge of soil and groundwater remediation technologies, soil and groundwater investigations, preparation of work plans, and experienced in remedial design is a plus.
- Ability to travel to project sites required
- Experience leading design teams to prepare bid documents, evaluate bids, and provide engineering support during construction
- Proven ability to write scopes of work for civil construction and remedial work including site work, capping, surveys, and subcontract work
- Able to prepare proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) requirements. Able to develop subcontractor scopes, obtain bids from subcontractors/vendors, evaluate bids and select the preferred subcontractors/vendors.
- Experience managing subcontractors on-site to complete construction work on budget and schedule
- Knowledge of state remediation regulations in New Jersey required
- Effective communication with clients in relation to remedial alternatives design and construction.
- Working knowledge of National and State regulations (CERCLA, RCRA, CWA, state specific cleanup programs, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the procedures which are necessary to execute a sound and efficient project, with the ultimate goal of developing good project management techniques.
- Understanding CAD programs including Autodesk Civil 3D and AutoCAD is a plus. Understanding of Bentley MicroStation and ESRI Arcmap is a plus.
- Effective oral and communication skills to assist with report writing, proposal preparation, and engineering/construction cost estimates.
- Effective organizational skills to maintain deliverables, analytical results, and field notes in project files.
- Able to work effectively in group settings and direct Engineering Assistant on design and investigative tasks.
- Able to analyze, interpret and present data.
- Able to meet time sensitive deadlines and carry out multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and is able to travel.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Active member of professional organization suited to specific practice area is a plus.
- Develop and implement site closure strategies
- Work with construction managers and project staff to implement remedial construction work to meet project goals and schedule
- In direct responsible charge of all engineering work requiring an engineer’s seal.
- Assigns tasks to and directs engineers, technicians, and administrative staff
- Perform various engineering related calculations and analyses of information in the application of the basic design criteria in conformance with Weston’s Engineering Quality Management Plan and as necessary to complete assigned projects.
- Collaborates with engineers, CAD technicians, field technicians, designers, and other team personnel to complete projects efficiently and accurately.
- Assists the Project Manager in estimating and tracking project costs.
- Coordinates the preparation of data tabulation/evaluation and reports.
- Coordination of report production and development of engineering designs and specifications.
- Perform quality control (QC) checks.
- Performs field assignments including resident engineering, construction observation, site inspections, and conducting field assessment of properties.
- Assists with proposal preparation and development of project costs.
- Interacts with clients regarding project specific tasks.
At Weston Solutions you will do meaningful work and make valuable contributions
A career at Weston means professional growth and access to diverse opportunities in a thriving, interconnected, and supportive community that works together to make a difference in the environment. We take pride in knowing that our people feel they do meaningful work and make valuable contributions to their teams because recent employee survey results show that over 90% agree on these points. Top talent from all paths—recent graduate, ex-military, experienced, and leaders—join Weston to do meaningful work with a focus on dynamic skills growth and long-term career progression.
We fully invest in our people: Weston provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits package program that offers employees high value options with solid financial protection, meeting the individual needs of its people and their families
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with base and matching employer stock contributions
- Parental leave benefits
- Paid time off to include: vacation, sick and holiday time
- Critical illness and accident plans
- Work/Life flexibility
- Professional development opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment?