Lincoln Electric Automation – The Company
Lincoln Electric Company, has been the industry leader for over 30 years in the robotic automation of welding, cutting, material removal, grinding, and press brake operations. We have provided industry solutions to the fabricators of construction, agricultural, mining, off-road, energy, and transportation equipment. Through the expertise of our personnel we develop numerous specialty products that increase productivity and maintain quality. The innovative designs and solutions we create are produced to meet or exceed our customer expectations.
Position Summary: The Service Application Engineer works closely with Customers, Sales, Spare Parts, and Engineers to quote service and parts for existing and new customers. This will be done through both individual analysis as well as interactions with other engineering disciplines.
The Service Applications Engineer is responsible for providing the Customer Service Manager with the ongoing status of opportunities. The person in this position must facilitate the team concept and have the capability to develop and encourage co-workers’ skills and abilities.
The Service Applications Engineer will assist the Service Department in the successful execution of active opportunities: set up projects in the accounting system; review and release needed materials; monitor incoming parts and work with Purchasing to expedite as needed; provide timely and responsive support to field personnel; assist with closing projects and requesting invoices from Accounting, etc.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate technical content of complex potential projects and work with the Sales and Engineering personnel to define system requirements and develop a solution that satisfies such requirements through cost analysis and proposal generation
- Facilitate execution, timelines and budgets for active opportunities
- Set up projects in accounting system, review and release needed materials, request invoices from Accounting
- Monitor incoming parts and work with Purchasing to expedite as needed
- Identify and assist in improvements to both quoting processes and product standards / marketing
- Assist with closing projects; respond to and support field personnel
- Demonstrate excellent communications skills, both written and verbal; demonstrate leadership ability and relate well to others
- Other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned by the Customer Service Manager.
- Intimate technical knowledge with automation systems
- Understanding of technical requirements for various arc welding processes
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Experience with CAD and Microsoft products including: Solidworks, Robot Studio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Help to ensure products standards are used in system solutions to maintain consistency and reduce internal cost
- Adhere to required timelines and help manage/communicate priorities when all requests cannot be met
- Keep the Customer Service Manager informed
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: Work is sedentary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and sit. There is minimal reaching, bending and lifting in relationship to documents and stored records.
- Work environment: Normal office environment. Occasional travel.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Vaccinated, no mask required. Unvaccinated must wear a mask.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- mechanical and electrical assembly: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location