Merric is a leading, custom woodwork and seating manufacturer centrally located in St. Louis, MO. With 25+ years of experience, Merric takes great pride in delivering high-quality, custom-crafted products on time, and every time to its customers in the restaurant, hotel, hospitality, casino, and healthcare industries, among others. Constructing products of high-quality materials that are built to last, Merric operates out of a 95,000 square-foot owned facility complete with two specialized finishing booths for unmatched, superior finishes on all types of wood and metal. From unique custom-built products to large-volume orders, customers can trust Merric for quality, integrity, experience, and service on every project. Merric is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Description/Key Responsibilities: The engineer will have millwork experience and has worked in Microvellum, CadVision or Solidworks. The engineer will work on variety of tasks but will focus primarily on the following:
- Function as the lead engineer on projects performing the following:
- Prepare submittal and production drawings in MicroVellum, CadVision or Solidworks for customers, architects, and our shop.
- Review drawings prior to submitting to customer to ensure in accordance with our project proposal
- Prepare Material Take-Offs/Purchase Orders for Purchasing
- Prepare Bills-Of-Material for our Shop
- Prepare full Product Templates for our MicroVellum Library
- Prepare a Parts Library in MicroVellum
- Discuss with our shop and look for ways to improve shop construction for efficiency and quality
- Verify dimensions to build drawings, nest sheets, and cut-lists for production
- Take ownership of these important tasks, work through them quickly and accurately, and take accountability to work as much as is needed to finish tasks on time and by the due date.
- Identify and implement more efficient and effective ways to manufacture product, re-do our drawings in MicroVellum with these improvements, and train other personnel on this new method and process.
- Fix areas of MicroVellum that cause errors and hinder more effective production and material take-offs.
- Enhance MicroVellum library and other tools for more efficient and easier drawing preparation.
- Implement standard drawing and manufacturing processes that allow for quicker, more accurate product production timing as well as significantly lessen the risk for errors.
- Investigate and implement additional efficiencies outside engineering where linked or where able, such as material take-offs, purchase orders, BOM’s, etc.
- Great skills in and takes responsibility for achieving goals within and outside area
- Other duties as requested
- An “A” player that wants to be challenged with significant tasks and goals, work extremely hard and long hours to achieve success, and be rewarded for their efforts.
- 5+ years of engineering/drawing experience in 3D drawing software, preferably MicroVellum 6.7 or 7.0 software preferred
- 5+ years of Cabinet/Millwork Manufacturing experience preferred
- Engineering degree preferred but not required
- Great determination and perseverance to always get it done accurately and timely
- Leadership skills
- Great team player within and outside engineering
- High energy and excitement every day
- Comfortable with working in a fast paced ever changing demanding environment
- Great character, determination and perseverance to always get it done accurately and timely
- Works overtime when needed to ensure work products are timely and accurate or to assist in department or company improvements.
- Incredible with all product details which is absolutely critical but also can see project from a high level view to ensure no obvious errors or embarrassments on all work products. Must know details and big picture to succeed.
- Thrives on daily challenges and requests.
- Quick but accurate
- Ability to grow in responsibility and positions
- Ability to produce drawings while being interrupted with questions throughout the day
- Positive, energetic attitude always
- Works very well and is comfortable in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to multi-task many projects at the same time and stay organized and effective
- Ability to look for ways to improve our current processes and continue to make them more efficient
- High ethical standards, follow company policies, carry out mission/goals, and great role model
- This position requires a highly talented person with excellent personal traits, characteristics, and technical skills that wants to go after with a vengeance an extremely challenging position in a great way with rewards when successful.
- Drug testing and Background Checks required.
Job Type: Full-time
- engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- Cabinet/millwork: 1 year (Preferred)
- MicroVellum software or similar: 2 years (Preferred)