Department: School of Biomedical Informatics
Location: Texas Medical Center
Position Type: Full Time/ Exempt
Applies technical skills obtained from a concentrated degree program in the biomedical sciences, computer science or engineering in designing and developing highly specialized programs and applications in a research setting.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Assists in the design of programs and/or systems from requirements.
2. Ensures that the specifications provided are thorough and detailed in order to avoid problems in coding development.
3. Verifies the design with system stakeholders. Makes changes as appropriate.
4. Translates program and/or system requirements into technical specifications.
5. Codes moderately complex programs and ensures that the programs conform to technical specifications.
6. Thoroughly and adequately tests all functions of the program.
7. Verifies test results with stakeholders and makes modifications as appropriate.
8. Prepares documentation on the program or series of programs.
9. Prepares the proper paperwork and follows correct procedures for implementing new programs or changes in production.
10. Responsible for the maintenance of completed/existing programs and systems.
11. Adheres to departmental and generally accepted industry standards, policies and procedures for system development.
12. Maintains currency in subject matter required to perform job. Consults resource materials as needed.
13. Other duties as assigned
Professional competency in one or more of the following scientific programming languages: JAVA, C# .NET framework, Perl, Python, Or other scientific programming languages as appropriate to research focus.
Competency in mathematical modeling and statistical computing preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences, computer science or engineering or another degree directly applicable to the assignment.
One year of relevant research experience in appropriate scientific area.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215