We are looking for GIS Support analysts who enjoy working directly with clients and client analysts on building and supporting new GIS Systems and application and technical services. Our customers tend to have custom GIS computer applications built on geospatial data repository that supports mission end users in Natural Resource Missions.
The role would look to
- Enhance user-friendly, feature-rich web-based geospatial decision support and analysis tools
- Provide technical hardware, software and geospatial support for users of the application including trouble shoot technical problems that may deal with web browsers, shapefiles, GIS software and specific versions.
- Support installation of ArcGIS, Spatial Accomplishment Data Loader (SADL) tool, auxiliary programs
- Manipulate geospatial data in ArcMap 10.x environment using geoprocessing tools, projection tools, vector editing and on screen digitizing. Creation of .mxd, .shp, .gdb, and .mdb file types.
- Support end mission users of the web or desktop tools providing service desk support, training materials creation, and support minor enhancements to edit, reporting, and data transformation modules. This may include generating training materials, conducting online training, assembling periodic newsletters, release notes and other communications
- Provide Application feedback to application developer and Government technical staff by testing ongoing enhancements to, and revisions of, the application in the development phase in different testing environments. Track reported software defects and suggested changes using prescribed bug-tracking software and work with development team to ensure successful completion of bugs and support issues. Assist in the development of formal test plans Facilitate User-acceptance Process (UAT). Track support inquiries.
We do NOT currently have an opening.:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, GeoSciences or specific relevant subject area
- 2 years of consulting experience – Higher Compensation for 5 more years in related analytical work products and additional 2 more years in subject matter
- Could pass ad-hoc technical and whiteboard test given various either application root cause analysis or data ETL and other patterns of large data, data cleanup, etc. scenarios
- Previous experience supporting scientific programs, preferably government related, in earth management and sciences including marine, atmospheric, hydrological, topographic, geological, renewable, or a myriad of dozens of other critical earth sciences.
- Technical skills would include knowledge of ESRI SDE Framework, Knowledge of Oracle RDBMS Framework, including SQL, DB Procedures, Functions and PLSQL, Knowledge of ESRI Geodatabase Technology, Knowledge of .Net (C#,VB), Knowledge of ESRI .Net ArcObjects for Arc Products for 10.1 or later, Knowledge of ESRI WMX Framework and the ability to Develop Custom Steps, along with OTS methods. Understanding of the WMX Repository Framework and WMX workflows capabilities for Desktop and ArcGIS Server.
- Must be able to rapidly context switch across subject matter, communication and architecture products, and stakeholder audiences.
- Experience with remote sensing, image processing, Geospatial data editing, and Web Service Architecture
- For Federal work, our work is traditionally unclassified, but will require certain amount of checks may be required – Given, must be able to pass basic NACI, background, drug and reference checks
- Travel will be maximum 20%
- We emphasize a balance of work and life and target 40-50 hour weeks with ample times to refresh with great paid-time off.
- Must be able to demonstrate fast, quality typing as well as fast visual prototyping. Bonus: if can get hands-on in geospatial technology
- Tool Experience in PowerPoint, Visio, Office Automation, ESRI, GeoServer, OGC, Metadata Standards, and preferably newer BigData, RDF and SEO technologies
- No Relocation Assistance, must be local
We review our requirements quarterly and this could change. We like to plan ahead in finding amazing talent.:
We are a fast-growing data consulting and support services firm - focused on large data programs in data types such as geospatial, open, big, and IoT data. Check out www.xentity.com to learn about our focus, services, clients, missions, values as well as our excellent benefits package and career information.
We have high profile clients and projects that our staff really delivery for, as well enjoy knowing they make a large difference.
Our President has a vision to continue to focus on solutions that transform the Next Generation. Using data integration, knowledge solutions, and amazing increases in computing to impact energy, geosciences, land management, we can bring quality and simplifications to existing and new data flow! Imaging being on a team that brings advanced concepts like high performance computing, AI, data science, fuzzy logic, changing interfaces human-computer points mobile or augmented reality and many more disruptions. This truly can put the I back in IT and GIS.... by concentrating on pragmatic knowledge-first data designs, leadership and management, and the all too forgotten focus on outreach and engagement strategies and solutions.
More can be found at careers.xentity.com