ABOUT US: Founded in 1996, Referentia Systems is an award-winning, small business headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii, with staff across the country focused on delivering reliable and effective cybersecurity services and solutions.
Referentia Systems Incorporated has a proven track record for successfully developing innovative advanced computing solutions to meet critical needs for the U.S. Department of Defense, and transitioning those technologies to the commercial sector. See LiveAction.com and in2lytics.com for recent examples. With more than 15 years of experience in cybersecurity and cross-domain solutions for the DoD, Referentia is a leader for DoD’s enclaving strategy. We have created eResilience, our newest division, to commercialize Referentia’s cybersecurity expertise and innovation. See eResilience.com for more information.
Join an innovative Hawaii-based software company in developing the next generation of high performance, data management and analysis tools to manage the increasingly complex systems that are critical to the community at large.
Operators of these complex systems such as the electric grid, aircraft fleets, computer networks, and other critical complex systems generate diverse types of increasingly huge volumes of sensor data. With this huge demand to analyze sensor data in order to improve decision making and efficiency, reduce downtime, and plan for the introduction of new technologies (e.g. renewable power generation technologies). And at the same time, the solutions currently available are overwhelmed by increasing data volumes and the need for new types of analysis. Our focus: provide solutions.
The engineering team member will become part of the in2lytics innovative engineering team that develops foundational products that significantly improve the industry’s ability to manage today’s massive data volume in critical complex systems.
Position: SOFTWARE ENGINEER SENIOR (RMF) (HONOLULU, HI)
The engineering team member will help lead the development of software to automate several steps in the NIST Risk Management Framework. The team member will be responsible for playing an active role in the analysis of requirements, design, and development of our software solutions. They will apply and uphold industry standard methodologies of systems design and architecture. As well as perform analysis and identify solutions to complex technical problems.
· Leads team of software engineers on specific project. Plans, estimates, and manages technical aspects of project. Performs as Technical Lead for project.
· Defines business problems and derives requirements through interaction with customers.
· Derives engineering requirements from high level requirements. Ensures requirements are accurately implemented and verified.
· Designs, develops, and tests software solutions.
· Maintains knowledge and understanding of programming data-structures, databases, and algorithm implementations.
· Identifies solutions to complex technical problems.
· Adheres to and provides insight into software methodology, standards, and best practices.
· Works effectively as a team member.
· Continually grows technical skills and understanding of engineering and project requirements.
· Self-motivated and requires minimal supervision.
· Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering, or related field, or equivalent certifications and experience
· 7+ years experience in developing software engineering solutions; master’s degree can substitute for 2 years of experience
· Must have strong knowledge in object-oriented design
· Full stack web development experience is required
· Experience with the NIST RMF process is required
· Experience in agile software development is required
· Excellent written and oral communication skills required
· Ability to implement, monitor and maintain quality control standards.
· Experience with Python is a plus
· Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
· Experience with Elasticsearch and Kibana is a plus
· Active secret level clearance is required
· IAT or IAM Level I certification is required
Referentia provides a comprehensive set of benefits to our employees, including health care insurance (medical, dental, vision, drug),paid time off, income protection coverage, 401K retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have experience with agile software development?
- Do you have at lease a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field?
- Do you have an active DoD Secret level clearance?
- Do you have experience with object oriented design?
- Temporarily due to COVID-19