Under the direction of the Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer, performs activities concerned w/ design, construction, modification, & maintenance of equipment & machinery in medical center facility. This position also provides functional assistance to Stationary Engineers in the discharge of repair & preventative maintenance activities & executes limited maintenance, parts stocking, & cleanup functions.
- Assists &/or executes assigned maintenance functions & activities under direct supervision, performing functional activities & minor repairs.
- Transports materials & supplies to & from work storage sites.
- Manages product receiving & stocking.
- Executes necessary housekeeping functions in storage & equipment spaces.
- Performs minor repairs of light fixtures, toilets, & sinks.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Six (6) + months of basic mechanical and/or electrical experience.
- Basic mechanical and electrical experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Valid California Driver's License.
- Ability to read & comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, & memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one & small group situations to customers, clients, & other incumbents of the organization.
Mon - Fri
WorkingHoursStart :WorkingHoursEnd :Job Schedule :
Job Type :
Employee Status :
Employee Group/Union Affiliation :
Job Level :
Job Category :
Facility Services & Materials Management