Civil / Structural Engineer
We are looking to hire a Civil / Structural Engineer with excellent mathematical, IT and analytical skills. Experience with commercial & residential stair systems and railings built from wood, metal and glass desired. Structural Engineers are expected to be detail oriented, creative and possess amazing problem solving skills.
To ensure success, Structural Engineers should display and investigative nature and must be accurate, commercially aware and have great communication skills with a keen interest in ensuring the safety and physical integrity of buildings products that Viewrail specializes in. Top candidates will have fantastic project management skills with great knowledge of construction processes, materials and legal regulations.
Relocation compensation package available.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Prepare reports, designs and drawings.
- Make calculations about pressures, loads and stresses.
- Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately.
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction.
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval.
- Analyze configurations of the basic components of a structure.
- Liaise with professional staff such as architects and engineers.
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness.
- Administer contracts and manage projects.
- Inspect properties to evaluate the conditions and foundations.
- Use computer aided design technology for simulation purposes.
Qualitative and Other Attributes Required:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (essential).
- 4+ years of work experience as a Structural Engineer (essential).
- Professionally registered.
- Expert experience in project management.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations.
- Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Ability to stamps projects for California, Florida and Illinois (opportunity to add additional stamps)
- A passion for doing high quality work.
- The ability to think critically, innovate, and solve challenging technical problems.
- High attention to detail.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Being able to self-start and self-motivate when there is no one available to provide instruction.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to handle peak work times.