Associate Field Service Engineer - Bozeman, MT location
Newport is a brand within the MKS Instruments Light & Motion division. The Newport product portfolio consists of a full range of solutions including motion control, optical tables and vibration isolation systems, photonics instruments, optics and opto-mechanical components. For more information, visit www.newport.com.
This position provides highly visible customer support on Laser Diode Test Systems through the performance of on-site installation,servicing and rep[air of complex electrical equipment and systems. Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operations and maintenance of the system. Work with customers, engineering and customer service on technical matters for assigned projects. Responsible for operational quality of system equipment. Position will require at least 50% travel; possibly more.This position is tasked with creating and maintaining training materials as well as providing training to others. This position is based in Bozeman, Montana supporting our customers in North America and at times Asia customers .
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair Laser Diode Test systems
- Provide technical support to customers, sales and application teams and participate in customer meetings
- Answer technical questions from our customers regarding system repairs and applications
- Stay current with the latest upgrades and training of new products and software
- Maintain historical performance and repair information
- Log and create field service reports
- Associates in Electronics preferred or related fields with 2-3 years relevant experience
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with new electrical, mechanical test systems
- Excellent communication skills a must
- High degree of proficiency of PC skills including MS Office, SAP, and data analysis applications
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, for positions requiring access to export-controlled goods and technical data that are subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR), MKS Instruments. Inc., may have to obtain an export license from the U.S. Government. As such, applicants for these positions, except “U.S. persons” (generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals (holder of a US Passport), lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees), may be subject to an export license review process. Employment is contingent upon issuance of the license.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)