Paintzen is a disruptive logistics platform for the painting industry. Our system matches buyers of painting services with experienced paint crews, managing all logistics of the job, to provide a stress-free experience. At Paintzen, we're forging new ground in the use of technology to facilitate contracting services. We're simplifying the process between the logistics and the labor. Our team members are energetic and passionate about the service provide our clients. Not only do we pride ourselves on exceptional service, but also we provide top paint products from our paint partner, PPG Paints. We believe Paintzen is the future of paint contracting.
Paintzen is hiring a talented and passionate Software Dev Engineer in Test to join our team located in New York City. We are a fast growing company looking for smart, creative full stack Engineers with a similar mindset of achieving accelerated growth, and the desire to help make our platform the most recognized on-demand home and office painting service in the world.
- Develop test automation code and scripts for the purposes of validating feature code quality
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of best practices required to manage test data, test plans, test repositories, and test framework infrastructure
- Work closely with the team to develop software applications from inception through completion
- Define high-level test plans, create test cases and execute them (both manually and automatically) for functional, integration, system and regression testing
- Collaborate with stakeholders and project team to identify needs and gather requirements
- Support the team in the design of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Advocate automation of every part of the software delivery lifecycle
- Assist scrum team with sprint planning, test design, test execution, defect analysis/root cause investigation & reporting on test status
- Identify defects and missing information in requirements
- Implement and continually improve an automated testing framework at all levels of the application stack
- Design and implement automated test cases
- Contribute to the creation of a regression test plan specific to the project.
- Perform manual testing as required
- Actively participate in the creation of quality assurance standards and recommendations for changes to the processing systems
- Review and recommend improvements to tools and technologies conducive to end visibility of the quality delivery pipeline
Nice to have:
- 2+ years experience in role (lots of different names: Test Engineer, QA Engineer, SDET, etc.)
- Proficient in establishing, documenting and executing test strategies from business and functional requirements
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile methodologies and process
- Comfortable with Git, Github
- Experience with Cypress, Selenium, BrowserStack, or similar tools
- Familiar with AWS tools (CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, ElasticBeanstalk, etc)
- Experience with tracking software (Jira)
- Unix/Linux command-line knowledge
- Ability to clearly communicate and be a champion of the user experience
- Proactively troubleshoot with developers, stakeholders, and designers to identify, and resolve issues.
- Experience finding, documenting and reporting bugs
- Experience with Mobile Testing / Appium
- Experience working on a small team, comfortable with lots of communication