The ideal candidate will be skilled in programming CNC lathes utilizing CAM software. Knowledge of running and setting up CNC machines is essential to success in this position. Programmers work closely with the CNC Machinists to troubleshoot and optimize programs to improve production efficiency. This requires collaboration with all team members, including inspectors, engineers and CNC machinists to produce quality parts efficiently.
- Create and edit CNC lathe programs for machining complex, precision metal components using Mastercam
- Manage jobs and personnel with ultimate responsibility for job performance, scheduling, and delivery
- Perform machining process development & optimization (part setup/fixturing, tool selection, speed/feed process parameter selection).
- Identify, select, and procure appropriate tooling for job specific applications (based on part material, geometry, features, tolerances, system rigidity, and equipment capability).
- Work with machinists, and engineers, to identify process improvement opportunities (reduced machining/setup time, improved part quality, reduced manufacturing risk) and incorporate required design changes
- Perform CNC Lathe, and manual lathe work as needed
- 2+ years direct experience working in a CNC programming role.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand manufacturing blueprints and process plans.
- 2+ years experience using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to create and edit CNC programs that support the machining of precision components.
- Experience creating and/or editing 3D CAM files.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- CNC programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNC: 1 year (Preferred)
- CAM programming: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations