AtInfinity Machine & Engineering, we offer total project management. Wespecialize in high performance packaging solutions including: custom case packers,bundlers, wrappers, diverters, and conveyors. As a leader in the industry,Infinity applies the latest mechanical and electrical technologies to ensurethe best in long term operation efficiency. In addition, we offer engineeringservices and 24 hour technical support. Infinity searches continuously forpeople that have a strong work ethic, want to make a difference, like to takerisks, and push themselves to find creative solutions to difficult problems.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project specific mechanical engineering / design forexisting machine improvements and major R&D machines
- Perform engineering priority tasks assigned by Engineering leaderon-time and within budget
- To be available for assembly questions from shop and address anyissues / changes required to make production more efficient
- To manage all engineering from initial concept to release toproduction, including design, details, BOM creation, and overall assemblyorganization to fit within existing system.
- To be available for start-up questions in shop and field andexpediently address and develop solutions
- Responsible for cost reductions on existing designs
- Ensure designs conform to company engineering standards
- Production of assembly drawings for shop to ensure accurate andefficient assembly
- To work with vendors to be informed and potentially use the latestcomponents available, and to work with machine shops to ensure that machinedparts are designed to be the most cost effective possible
- Overall responsibility for assigned designs: including accuracy, waste, assembly ease,cost, reliability, and that it conforms to capabilities required by customer
Mechanical Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in MechanicalEngineering
- Machine design experience, including creating drawings, bills ofmaterials and project management.
- Experience using electrical motors, controls, pneumatics, andhydraulics a plus
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Experience with CAD systems, such as Inventor
- Computer Literate with experience in the Microsoft Office Suite, Exceland Microsoft Great Plains
- Excellent problem solving skills with a hands on attitude
- 3+ years of design and project managementexperience preferred
Complete application includes resume and wage requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement