For over 35 years, Arzel Zoning has been manufacturing and distributing the highest quality HVAC zoning equipment from our factory and Corporate Office in Cleveland, Ohio. Our products offer superior quality and reliability, ease of installation and the industries ONLY lifetime warranty.
The company grew to the size it is today by using a simple philosophy:
“Offer a long-lasting product at a fair price, that will improve comfort in a customer’s home or business.”
Our objective is to help contractors be more efficient by providing outstanding technical support, training, and products that last. Our zoning solutions are designed for new construction and retrofit, residential and light commercial applications. Outstanding customer service, innovative products, and overall reliability are why so many contractors use only Arzel Zoning systems.
We received an international patent on an innovative new product line! The Embedded Systems Engineer will be the first in this role to assist in the development and support of our new multi-zone, wireless, networked HVAC control product as well as the responsibility to continually employ new technologies to increase efficiency and performance of our current products.
The successful candidate will be motivated, entrepreneurial and team oriented, while providing innovative solutions to technological challenges. They will be working out of the Corporate office located in Cleveland, Ohio.
EMBEDDED SYSTEMS ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design hardware, firmware, app software, web software and advocate design decisions that are in the best interest of the company and product success.
· Maintain embedded software and add features, fix bugs, and lead the embedded efforts that are brought in-house.
· Create the software and hardware tools to manufacture the products, track quality, support technicians in the field, designing future versions of the product, accessories, and the company’s other visionary products.
· Conduct regular hardware testing using all available technologies and testing tools.
· Update, maintain and integrate new technologies into existing product lines (Arzel legacy products).
· Verify that the proposed final product follows best practices for cost guidelines and meets required specifications.
· Collaborate with our vendor project teams to determine ideal build specifications to meet their requirements prior to the start of any system build.
· Design and test circuits and other electronic components for maximum quality, efficiency while keeping within budget.
· Support IT system and provide solutions as needed.
· Other duties as assigned
EMBEDDED SYSTEMS ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS
· 5-10 years in electrical and computer engineering
§ Writing simple computer applications for testing, manufacturing, or field service support. For example, using Visual studio (C#, C++), LabVIEW, or another rapid application development environment.
· Computer architecture
§ Peripheral busses: I2C, SPI, UART, etc.
§ Power states for battery powered electronics
§ Drivers for chip peripherals
· Electrical engineering
§ Estimating and confirming power requirements and battery life
§ Hardware design at the level of digital signals, interdevice communication, block level design, and selection of semiconductors
§ Design reviews of hardware
§ Wireless communication
§ Debugging hardware using tools of the trade like multi-meters and oscilloscopes
· Information technology
§ TCP/IP networking.
§ Web server configuration, maintenance, databases
§ Software as a service types of applications
§ Amazon Web Services (AWS EC2, AWS IOT, AWS RDS)
· Experience working with manufacturing firms
§ Designing for manufacture, managing cost and choosing components
§ Creating manufacturing software and test fixtures to program, test, serialize, and track products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and/or technical training
- Graduate Degree is preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- working with manufacturing firms: 4 years (Preferred)
- Electrical engineer: 5 years (Required)
- computer engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19