Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) is seeking an Early Career Structural Designer for Construction Engineering Services (CES) in the KIE Omaha, NE office. Looking for the ideal candidate to perform a variety of structural design and CAD production tasks related to temporary structures supporting construction operations. The Designer should have completed an Associate degree program and be familiar with current technical tools, software, and CAD best practices. Our CES group provides value to the success of our clients’ projects by designing and building temporary works which are critical to quality project design, cost control, and construction excellence. The engineering design tasks our CES group performs to help Kiewit build projects include: Bridge demolition, cofferdam design, critical crane lifts, girder erection, hoisting and jacking, deep foundations and dewatering, excavation support, marine engineering, MSE wall design, pile drive analysis, ductwork analysis, falsework design, temporary bridge & trestle, working surface design, and on-site Designer support.
- Work with our engineering teams to develop structural designs for temporary structures (steel, wood, concrete, manufactured items, etc.) supporting construction activities on Kiewit projects
- Provide additional support on civil and geotechnical temporary designs
- Use AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Revit software to produce design for estimate and construction documents
- Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
- Follow company’s CAD and quality standards
- Completion of Associate degree in Computer Aided Design, Engineering Technology, or similar program experience
- Experience in CAD design and production of structural / civil design documents
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (2D and 3D)
- Additional proficiency in Civil 3D, Revit, Tekla, or Navisworks is a plus
- General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for structural and civil work
- Read and understand construction documents
- Ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with Engineers and Designers
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize
- Capable of recognizing conflicts and discrepancies with strong attention to detail
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Construction experience is a plus
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.