Canon Virginia’s internship program is a formalized structured program with detailed goals, expectations, and results. Students are given a specific project in their field of study to work on throughout the summer. Students will also participate in a variety of activities for professional and personal development.
- Works with CVI staff to perform professional duties of moderate difficulty at Canon Virginia, Inc.
- Assists CVI staff on various projects, tasks, and activities relating to their area of study or course work.
- Performs assigned tasks consistently in a professional and timely manner to meet required deadlines.
- Utilizes good time management skills to effectively and accurately complete work assignments.
- Exercises good judgment and knowledge from the classroom setting and applies knowledge to a professional work environment.
- Applies research techniques, analytical methods, presentation skills, writing skills, and / or technical knowledge to the workplace.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures governing professional staff behavior.
- Balances internship work schedule effectively with classroom coursework.
- May be responsible for research, reports, spreadsheets, presentations, etc. as part of the assigned projects.
- May work in several departments to assist with completing any additional projects or tasks.
- Student must be working towards an undergraduate degree with the minimum credit hours to be classified as a junior or senior in their studies.
- Student must have taken several related courses to the field in which they will be assigned.
- Student must be at least 18 years of age.
- Student must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Students are responsible to secure their own housing for the summer. CVI has a partnership with a local University for summer accommodations for a reasonable rate!
- The dates for CVI's Summer Internship will be May 19, 2020 to July 31, 2020.
- Some positions may require that the intern meet the ITAR definition of “U.S. Person” (22 C.F.R. § 120.15) as a: U.S. citizen or national, lawful permanent resident, or otherwise a protected individual (including refugees and asylees) due to work areas being subject to export controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). If this is a requirement for the specific position you are being considered for, you will be notified directly.
About our Company - Canon Virginia, Inc. located in Newport News, Virginia is a global manufacturer for Canon’s office and consumer products. Our innovative and efficient production methods along with our environmental commitment make us a leading global manufacturer. Since opening our doors in 1985, Canon Virginia has provided world class manufacturing services. It is the policy of Canon Virginia, Inc. (CVI) to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, national origin, or physical/mental disability except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy relates to all phases of recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits administration and participation in company sponsored employee activities. This includes hiring, promotions, demotions, transfers, layoffs, recall, training and terminations. Employment practices will conform to all federal, state and local laws on non-discrimination. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm