We are seeking a Survey CADD Technician to help round out our team in Poughkeepsie, New York.
- Using AutoCAD Civil 3D and ESRI Arc GIS for the completion of mapping assignments.
- Preparing maps and drawings from survey data including: property survey maps, topographic maps, route surveys, right-of-way maps, as-built maps, subdivision maps, GIS maps and engineering maps
- You will also perform survey data reduction and analysis in the preparation of DTMs, surface models, contours and volume calculations.
- Other job functions include the ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of software and completing land records research using both internet and County Clerk records research.
- 2 year degree in CADD design, land surveying, engineering technology or similar degree - or we will accept a candidate with commensurate work including a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Appropriate safety and technical training and professional conduct are expected in this position.
Founded over 70 years ago, The Chazen Companies is an employee-owned, multi-disciplinary firm providing civil engineering, land surveying, landscape architecture, planning, environmental services, transportation planning, code services and construction services to clients in the private and public sectors.. Chazen's 140+ employees proudly collaborate with municipalities, state agencies, developers, landowners, utility providers, industrial, institutional, and non-profit clients, taking a customized approach to every project. With offices in Glens Falls, Troy, Poughkeepsie and White Plains, NY; Nashville and Chattanooga, TN; and Portland, Oregon, Chazen offers a comprehensive suite of services to our clients, focusing on providing value that fosters meaningful Owner-Consultant partnerships.
We are regularly recognized by our employees as a Best Places to Work and consistently win workplace excellence awards. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program), training, professional development, membership in professional associations and much more.
The Chazen Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement