Serves as the SAP Application Developer for the Highways Financial Management System development initiative that is led by the Highways Division. This position is critical in the building, the configuration and establishment of the new SAP S/4 HANA ERP System to replace the existing Highways Accounting System (HWYAC) and is responsible for the technical aspects of the planning, designing, implementation and maintenance of the SAP S/4 HANA ERP System.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Minimum 5 years of design and development of SAP integration solutions * Good understanding of SAP AP, AR, Assets and FICO data model
- SAP ABAP development experience in 7.x Netweaver version
- SAP integration development experience
- Expert in developing CDS views and AMDP
- Expert in developing OData services in SAP NetWeaver Gateway
- Strong knowledge of JSON to ABAP integration
- Strong knowledge of SAP Gateway OData error troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of BOPF framework
- Knowledge of XML, XSLT, and OOP
- Knowledge with SAP IDOC, BAPI, RFC preferred
- SAP development tools experience with Eclipse and Adobe live cycle designer
Experience with ASAP or Activate or equivalent SAP implementation methodology
Strong professional presence with the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with diverse audiences. Ability to work well with peers and build productive working relationships and present project status, outcomes and benefits to all levels of the enterprise. Ability to work with a variety of key stakeholders (staff, subject matter experts, management, and consultants) to ensure timely and accurate communications across groups. Must be able to assist team through conflict resolution and demonstrate good teamwork skills.
Ability to manage competing priorities and ability to drive results through a multi-disciplinary team with matrixed reporting relationships (i.e., departments/agencies/ jurisdictions and their specific functional subject matter experts).
Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, finance, accounting, computer sciences, business applications, or related field.
Specialized Experience: Working knowledge of finance, government accounting, budgeting, procurement, capital and fixed assets, troubleshooting and issue resolution in a large size enterprise.
Hawaii Government Accounting System Experience: Three (3) years experience with State of Hawaii accounting systems, such as FAMIS and departmental accounting systems.
- SAP: Certified Application Associate S/4 HANA Financial Accounting, or SAP S/4 HANA Cloud - Finance Implementation, or Certified SAP Public Sector Integration Specialist
- Microsoft Project Certification
Your resume should clearly show your employment dates and a complete description of duties and responsibilities in each of your positions which involved:
- Implementing core financial management system processes and applications,
- Working knowledge of finance, government accounting, budgeting, procurement, capital and fixed assets, troubleshooting and issue resolution in a large size enterprise,
- Experience in implementing SAP ERP systems and,
- Experience with State of Hawaii accounting systems, such as FAMIS and departmental accounting systems.
The subject line of your email should include DOT-HWY-2021-06, IT/SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
The State of Hawai'i complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the selection process, please call the DOT Personnel Office at (808) 587-2145 for assistance.
ELECTRONIC NOTIFICATION TO APPLICANTS
The Department of Transportation will use electronic mail (email) to notify applicants of important information relating to the status and processing of their applications.
Please ensure that the email address and contact information you provide is current, secure, and readily accessible to you. We will not be responsible in any way if you do not receive our emails or fail to check your email-box in a timely manner. In addition, please be aware that you may no longer receive notification about applications submitted if you choose to disable the Job Application Emails feature in your Account Settings.
The examination for this recruitment will be conducted on an unassembled basis where the examination score is based on an evaluation and rating of your education and experience. It is therefore important that your employment application provide a clear and detailed description of the duties and responsibilities of each position you held.
In-person interviews and/or further testing in Hawaii may be required at the discretion of the hiring agency. If in-person interviews and/or further testing is a requirement, applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements and are referred to the vacancy must be available to participate in person and at their own expense in this required phase of the selection process.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. In addition to employment availability and score, the referral of qualified applicants may be based upon other factors including date of receipt of application.
PUBLIC SERVICE LOAN FORGIVENESS (PSLF) PROGRAM
The PSLF Program is a federal program that is intended to encourage individuals to work in public service by forgiving the balance of their federal student loans. To qualify, the individual must have made 120 qualifying payments while employed by a qualifying employer. For more information, please click: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Work Location: One location