Vermont Microtechnologies specializes in microhole drilling, micromachining, probe card drilling, small hole drilling with micron tolerances. .
The CNC Programmer reports directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. Assumes responsibility for developing new part processes, optimizing processes for recurring jobs and contributing technical support to the Operations Manager, this includes CAD, fixture design and tooling, programming and documentation of the process for set-up personnel and operators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Studies features and specifications from blueprint, sketch and/or model to determined dimensions and tolerances of part to be machined
- Determine sequence of operations, tools, materials needed to complete the job
- Determine work holding/fixturing methods
- Ability to write programs both on and off the machine
- Assists the Operator by providing setup sheets and troubleshooting support
- Applies mastery of skills in adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate
- Adheres to all safety procedures and guidelines
- Accurately records time spent on specific jobs or other activities during the week
- Maintain a clean work environment
- 5-10 years’ experience programming CNC equipment using MasterCam or Siemens NX
- Knowledge of G-Code is essential
- Proficiency with Heidenhain, Okuma, and/or Hurco controls
- Ability to use measuring devices such as micrometer, caliper, and height gauge
- Ability to set up fixturing, select tooling, and measuring equipment to validate process
- Demonstrated experience in close tolerance machining
- Ability to problem solve without direct supervision
- Be flexible and willing to tackle new challenges and have a positive “can-do" attitude
- Capacity to evaluate information to determine
Vermont MicroTechnologies offers a very competitive compensation package which includes paid company Holidays, Sick time, and Vacation. Other benefits include HSA with company contribution, Medical, Dental, Vision, STD with company paid LTD, and Life Insurance.
Job Type: Full-time