What’s your role:
Our BC Senior Developer is expected to act as a counsellor to our customers on the overall IT road map they should pursue, providing a vision of each application’s role and where investments are required by:
- Solutioning technical design of our customers’ requests
- Developing complex enhancements to our existing platforms
- Investigating issues and fixing errors
- Delivering successful implementation projects
- Performance of the distribution application park
- Selecting process for ERP and supply chain oriented software
Day-to-day you will:
- Support the implementation of technologies as part of a new deployment and continuous improvement projects.
- Configure, maintain and support existing installations of our ERP and WMS software solutions.
- Work alongside a team to encode project requirements into computer language.
- Maintain and optimize large existing codebase in a team based environment.
- Review tickets with team members for assessment and resolution
- Use industry standards to make customizations to systems in accordance with best practices.
- Facilitate task assignment and monitoring by application and process within SLA guidelines, as needed.
- Resolve production issues, maintain effective communication with technical leadership/architect, immediate team and management.
- Analyze the source of problems, locating trends, and recommending measures that will minimize or eliminate future occurrences.
- Partner with co-workers to research problems and find solutions; participate in diagnostic procedures.
- Implement, test and correct software solutions.
To qualify for this role, you’ll need:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in development, information technology, supply chain management, industrial engineering, distribution, accounting or related field
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft NAV and / or Business Central
- Experience with business software for operations (ERP, WMS, TMS, MES)
- Deep understanding of various business processes and practices.
- Core understanding of the software development lifecycle and of Quality Assurance techniques using source code control repositories, debugging and testing experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English; French considered as an asset.
- Provide strong leadership to promote and foster technical growth among the junior team members.
Considered a plus:
- Experience in deployment/go-live of large-scale distribution applications
- Advanced knowledge of Dynamics NAV, Dynamic Business Central with Web services, XML operations and Integration with Third-Party tools.
- 3-5 years experiences with Microsoft development languages
We’re looking for candidates who have:
- Interest in supply chain management, logistics and distribution operations
- Strong leadership to promote and foster technical growth among the junior colleagues
- Ability to work well under pressure within a team
- Ability to determine project requirements
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously with limited guidance
- Comfort working independently in an ambiguous environment with pressing deadlines
Your salary & benefits:
- Group health and life insurance plans
- Flexible schedule and some remote work
- Training grant and excellent professional development opportunities
- Friendly and fun environment
- Offices with free drinks and snacks
- Company parties and events (when Covid subsides)
Application deadline: 2021-04-02
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Microsoft NAV / Business Central: 5 years (required)