Title: General Laborer/Sanitation at Research and Development facility
Location: Battle Creek, MI
Classification: Part Time - Flexible Work schedule
Employee Reports to: Operations Manager
GDI Services provides a wide range of world class services to a very diverse group of clients — all of which present unique concerns, goals and expectations. GDI Services partners with its customers to carefully engineer solutions to achieve these goals. We have a philosophy of open dialog and communication with our clients. This philosophy keeps us focused on customer goals and delivers the full strength of our 100+ years of knowledge and expertise.
- Must be able to readily and safely use the Scissor Lifts at heights and Fork trucks daily for cleaning overhead locations and to assist with moving large food barrels, respectively, in a research and development food facility.
- Must have excellent attendance, as this person will be depended on to be one of 3 persons completing all tasks on their shift.
- Able to work independently with little supervision but remain in constant communication by radio with the other members of the team.
- Able to operate a Zamboni and floor scrubbers- or willing to learn.
- Must safely follow correct Chemical handling processes for dispensing and cleaning use.
- General cleaning: must be able to complete and document all cleaning on scheduled sheets with in their designated shift.
- Able to lift 50 lbs, be on feet for 8 hours and bend or squat for cleaning.
- Other tasks as requested.
This position will have complete training on all processes. Signing bonus of $150.00 offered after 60 days.
- If qualified, each candidate will have an opportunity to interview to describe their unique abilities and talents
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Must be able to listen to customer requests and follow area lead/supervisor instructions
- Communicate and maintain safety and security standards
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Fork Lift experience helpful but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
GDI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply: For consideration please email your resume with the job title in the subject line or fax your resume to: 269-961-6629.
Job Type: Part-time
- Relevant: 3 years (Preferred)