- Collaborate with customers’ quality and engineering personnel to contain and correct any defects found at the customers facility.
- Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerance, and materials related issues.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, and implementing action plans.
- Effectively communicate and reinforce company's commitment to quality improvement efforts
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for new and revised product to meet customer requirements.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during process design and startup.
- Participate in the development of Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Maintain Control Plans and PFMEA's throughout the life of the part.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering, and Production to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Lead PPM improvement plan for all customers.
- Coordinate all customer return and corrective action functions.
- Apply appropriate use of statistical techniques.
- Determine and apply appropriate Measurement System Analysis tools.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to the quality system that result in improved quality performance, increased customer satisfaction, and/or simplification of processes to reduce costs.
- Ensure Mancor South Carolina's readiness for all internal and external quality audits.
- Develop the annual audit plan, train internal audit team members, perform necessary duties as Mancor South Carolina's Lead Internal Auditor and provide ongoing communication and reporting of results.
- Coordinate and direct external 3rd party registration/surveillance audits.
- Oversee the controlled document system, to include a final review of all changes to procedures, work instructions, forms, master lists and other associated documents to ensure quality certification requirements are met.
Minimum Technical Qualifications:
- Associates degree in Engineering, prefer Manufacturing or Mechanical
- Strong background in GD&T and SPC.
- Two - five years of experience working in a quality engineering position or related field.
- Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Customer quality assurance experience.
- Previous audit experience.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Excel.
Preferred Qualifications and Traits:
- Certified Quality Engineer.
- Project management experience.
- Intuitive understanding of mechanical processes
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Previous work experience in an organization that supplied large OEM’s.
- Formal training or previous experience as a Lead Internal Auditor.
- A passion for Continuous Improvement.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location