Saving Lives, one Life Safety System at a time.
-It takes the Best in each of us to bring out the Best in all of us -
Rapid Fire Protection/ADTECH, Inc. is a rapidly growing full-service fire sprinkler and life safety alarm contractor with a footprint throughout the Mountain West specializing in commercial, residential and industrial fire suppression and detection since 1993.
At Rapid Fire/ADTECH we are passionate about our customers, our team members and the value of the work we perform! We offer exceptional opportunities for motivated and committed individuals to build exciting careers with us.
THE ROLE - Field Service Representative
The Field Service Representative will install, maintain and repair life safety systems and fire alarm equipment. This person should be a self-motivated individual, with customer service skills, strong written and verbal communications.
- Install, maintain, or repair life safety systems, alarm devices, or related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Mount and terminate control panels, and various electronic components.
- Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details, such as the causes and consequences of false alarms and how they are related to non-maintenance of the systems.
- Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
- Examine systems to locate problems, such as loose connections, ground faults or broken wiring. Assist electrical contractor to correct system deficiencies.
- Test backup batteries, life safety system functions, life safety devices, or other electronic features to ensure proper functioning or to diagnose malfunctions.
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine material requirements and installation procedures.
- Consult with clients to assess risks and to determine life safety requirements.
- Adjust life safety and electronic building system requirements, based on current Local AHJ requirements, customer requests, electrical engineer designs and manufacturers' recommendations, using laptop computer software and programming concepts.
- Keep informed of new products and developments.
- Work with the Project Managers and Sales Estimating Department when replacement parts are needed.
- Prepare documents, such as service work orders or final project completion forms.
- Work with the Sales and Estimating Department to provide customers with cost estimates for repair, replacement or installation of equipment.
- Assists installing contractors and maintenance people with technical troubleshooting.
- Work with the Sales and Estimating Department to provide customers with cost analysis for repair, replacement or installation of equipment.
Highly motivated, energetic team oriented individual
Low voltage background preferred, but not required
Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Ability to travel and have a flexible work schedule
Working Knowledge of low voltage electronic systems, devices and components
Willing to perform testing and maintenance procedures
Skills to use electronic devices: Laptop for programming and tablet to record and transmit documents
Team oriented focus
Willing to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
Pay based on trade related experience
Paid PTO and Paid Holidays
Employer paid Health Insurance for employees
Group Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance
401K with 6% company match
Eligibility for productivity bonuses
Company paid manufacturer training and certification courses
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative