At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for the seventh consecutive year and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, the U of M is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
Reporting to the Manager of Application Development the incumbent is primarily responsible for participating in the analysis, development and testing of new and/or modified solutions for clients. The incumbent also provides maintenance and support to existing systems and participates in quality improvement activities. The area of responsibility for this position is: Enterprise Applications Development.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or a Community College Diploma in a directly related discipline is required.
- Minimum of one year experience working in software development, analysis, maintenance and support, with enterprise level systems within a large business environment. Must have software development experience with Java/J2EE.
- Must have software development experience creating and maintaining web services.
- Must have software development experience with common web development technologies HTML, CSS, XML, JSON, HTTP, SQL, and other related technologies.
- Must have knowledge with test driven development (TDD), creating/executing test script and test plans.
- Must have knowledge with automated testing software would be an asset.
- Familiarity with creating and maintaining web services would be an asset.
- Familiarity with Object Oriented methodologies would be an asset.
- Familiarity with cloud computing such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure would be an asset.
- Familiarity with Agile, DevOps and the importance of software development standards would be an asset.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Competitive vacation time.
- Comprehensive group benefits program and pension plan.
- Access to the university’s state-of-the-art fitness facilities.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career portal, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=08641
Closing Date: September 18, 2019
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact U of M's Diversity and Inclusion Facilitator, Valerie Williams at 204-474-8371.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of "The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy" (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
Job Type: Full-time