At Lockheed Rotary and Mission System (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Mechanical Engineer (ME) responsible for the full product life-cycle of various pieces of F-16 Support Equipment (SE). Design efforts will range from creation of and modification to existing designs to new designs. Will work with project lead to coordinate and manage complex design projects and integrate requirements with suppliers, other engineering teams, and government customers. Will have responsibility for: performing requirements research and detail hardware design; supporting the Operations organization through sourcing and manufacturing; coordination of Class I and Class II Engineering changes through the change management cycle; Supporting the procurement organization through development of subcontractor Statements of Work (SOWs) and applicable technical specifications; conducting PDR/CDR reviews and supporting subcontractor PDR/CDR reviews; providing technical support during the subcontractor manufacturing phase; planning and conducting Engineering Evaluation/Test (EET), and ensuring requirement verification of SE hardware is achieved prior to development completion.
- Understanding of mechanical design philosophy and design process flow.
- Experience in mechanical design projects, either through professional experience or through education.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications.
- CAD experience
- Demonstrated performance and proficiency in the elements of Mechanical design, e.g. analysis and implementation of requirements, authoring specifications, developing design concepts, evaluating designs, technical analysis, generating designs, performing major design reviews, authoring and reviewing qualification tests, management and evaluation of subcontracted efforts.
- Experience with support equipment, support equipment design, qualification testing, mechanical / electrical system engineering, mechanical design
- Experience with Creo (Pro E) and EPDM Software Packages.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.