SP Global's mission is to identify and support the growth of Societal Enhancement Technology Solutions- technology solutions that help improve people's lives while making communities stronger and more resilient. We deliver the technology solutions and implementation experience making major impacts in people's lives across the globe and right here in your neighborhood.
As a member of the SP Global Software Team you will work on a team of experienced engineers to build modern web based, cloud and mobile applications and systems. Utilize best practice software engineering principles to ensure the creation of high qualify software that is reliable, maintainable and highly performant. This position will support full lifecycle development from requirements analysis to operational deployment and sustainment as a part of an agile interdisciplinary team of engineers. This will position will also support multiple projects as needed as a part of a single team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work across multiple projects supporting various software applications focused but not limited to mobile (primarily Android) development
- Actively participate in an interdisciplinary scrum team
- Conduct design, development, test, and documentation tasks
- Utilize Jira, Confluence, GitLab, and other development tools to work with in the team
- Support operational deployment to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- At least 2 years of software development experience with Android
- At least 2 years of software development experience with Java
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
- 1 + year experience with productivity tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience developing mobile applications for iOS
Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or Related Degree desired but not required
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Position will require incumbent to perform the essential job duties on a desktop or laptop. Incumbent will also be required to perform essential job duties in an office environment during working hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment is a business professional office setting. Position will require the incumbent to perform work duties on a computer during working hours. Position will require incumbent to communicate with team members and staff in person and on the phone and additionally via skype on occasion. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions within this work environment.
Travel Requirements: Possible, but infrequent travel outside of primary work location. No more than 2-3 times per year.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement:
SP Global, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- Java SW Development: 2 years (Required)
- Android SW Development: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off