Role & Responsibilities:
Due to strong growth in our business and our commitment to continuous improvement, we have an opening for an industrial/process engineer. This position will focus on implementing lean manufacturing techniques across our facility, with the goal of improving quality, efficiency and documented processes.
Specific tasks include:
- Working with company RFQ/NPI and process control group, identify and prioritize areas for improvement.
- Collect data and perform time studies to analyze current methods.
- Identify and investigate alterative processes and methods.
- Design and implement revisions to work cells, including layout, material storage, workstations, fixtures and tooling, etc.
- Standardize work instructions for processes in production departments and required.
- Track results to measure progress.
- Assist in sustaining recently improved processes.
- Assist in revising training material and training existing/new employees on lean techniques.
- Provides clear and concise documented standard operating procedure documents on key processes.
- Defines and develops routine operational process method, parameters and procedures.
- Analyze current operational processes to ensure they are consistent, compatible and effective across functions and groups.
- Recommends and assists in improvements.
- Gathers and organizes documentation for process mapping across working groups.
- Responsible for tracking and frequently auditing processes, procedures and SLAs/OLAs to ensure operational success.
- Works closely with Process Control Group and Project Managers to drive process improvements.
We require a hands-on professional with initiative, self-confidence, ambition and the ability to think through problems and implement solutions. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering management and technology or other manufacturing-related curriculum.
- Lean Six Sigma experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of major improvement project.
- Strong process documentation writing skills along with experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- 3-5 years of practical experience in a manufacturing or RL repair environment. May be a combination of internship co-op or work experience.
- Motivated to identity waste, propose improvements and support implementation of improvement projects.
- Must be willing to execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
As the global COVID-19 pandemic continues all employees and guest are required to wear masks upon entering our building. We are conducting temperature checks and ask that social distancing be practiced where feasible.
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place