The Kenific Group is seeking a candidate with knowledge and experience in naval architecture/marine engineering. The candidate will work directly with the United States Coast Guard Ship Design Team reviewing third party design modifications and improvements to mechanical systems and components. The candidate will perform design reviews, evaluate constructability, help resolve technical issues, and manage information generated through the design and construction phases of multiple and concurrent projects. The candidate will also design and prepare engineering reports and related documentation, and devises charts and graphs to record results.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, excellent organizational skills, the ability to establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external customers, and the ability to work independently and take a proactive role.
- Candidates must be citizens or legal residents of the U.S. and shall be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Shall be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering degree preferred
- Knowledge of United States Coast Guard
- Experience in major system acquisition and shipbuilding
Systems, Software & Standards:
- MS Office
- MS Project
- Ship Constructor
Education: Engineering degree AND 3 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marine Engineering: 1 year (Required)
- Naval Architecture: 1 year (Required)
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19