- Job Title: PROJECT ENGINEER/ASSISTANT PM – for Northern Colorado General Contractor
Company: Hall-Irwin Corporation, founded in 1963
Location: Milliken, Colorado, USA
Hall-Irwin Corp, a Northern Colorado based, mid-sized general contractor that has been in business for over 53 years, is currently seeking a Project Engineer/Assistant Project Manager who will work directly with our Project Management Team. This person will work under the supervision of Project Managers and provide support to construction staff. Must be able to review plans and other technical documents, answers questions regarding the scope and/or timing of the project, and monitors costs and project progress. May develop cost estimates or tentative schedules. Must be a self-starter who needs little direction and is looking to advance within our family oriented and relationship based mid-sized construction firm which has established 53 years of successful relationships through quality construction and transparent communication. We are looking for someone that can work within a team environment and help other departments as needed. This person must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
Hall-Irwin’s construction projects are diverse and include commercial buildings, land development and water storage projects. Our team takes pride in the equitable, positive, cooperative environment fostered both in the office and in the field, which has created a remarkably high retention rate within our company.
- Contract Administration
- Prime contract management: change orders, permitting, progress payment applications, RFI coordination, submittals, correspondence with owners and subcontractors, schedule updates (as needed)
- Conduct/coordinate meetings
- Subcontract/Supplier Management:
- Helping with subcontracts, purchase agreements, purchase orders, working with Explorer Accounting Software
- Invoice processing and tracking correspondence
- Manage subcontractor insurance
- Ability to work full time: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
- Field and/or estimating experience a plus
- At least 4+ years of commercial construction experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Should be well versed in what it takes to construct a building from inception through completion.
- Commercial vertical construction experience is required
- Experience working as a project engineer or assistant project manager
- Experience with helping to maintain project budgets and schedules
- Experience with construction management work proceduresTeam oriented and ability to take direction well and learn quickly
- Strong organizational skills, communication, dependability, and work ethic
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Proficient knowledge in MS Office Suite (especially Excel) is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Bluebeam is a plus
- Reliability, honesty and a high standard of integrity is required
- Excellent customer service skills are required
Pay / Benefits:
Hall-Irwin offers competitive benefits, including 401k with matching, PTO, HealthCare options, and a bonus structure based on both individual and company performance.
Salary rate depends on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Engineer: 4 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan